Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #11: Library Thing

Wow, Library Thing was fast. I picked some older titles and BAM! There they were. I have a copy of The Shepherd of the Hills and was surprised when the title even came up. It didn’t have a listing for my 1907 copy but I was able to take another one and just edit it. Too bad you can’t download MARC records from here. I looked at several groups but with all the blogs I joined and trying to get my 23 Things finished, I decided to only join the three most relevant to me which were “Librarians who Library Things,” “Children’s Fiction” and “Children’s Literature.” It was fun to see other people who had books similar to mine. It will probably be more interesting when I add a lot of books and found someone who reads the things I read. It was nice to see some of the …if you read this book, you’ll like this other book… when the person recommending it is a librarian. The Librarians had a humorous feed on “Funny Requests from Patrons.” Even though most of them were a public library, I could still relate to the crazy requests some of them had. I added Library Things blog to my blogspot.

1 comment:

  1. I love the shelfari bookshelf you posted. I found Library Thing was very useful to locate other books by authors I enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete