Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thing #21: Podcasts and Videocasts

I created a video using Photostory and pictures from Creative Commons section of Flickr. I did download Audacity and play with it but I didn’t use it. I just used the music selection available in PhotoStory3. If I had a headphone and microphone I would have tried but that’s all at school. I have used PhotoStory before and I have used Windows MovieMaker. Also, I use Smilebox and there are several applications there they make unique shows that I enjoy sending to my friends and family. They have a digital scrapbook, slideshows, photomatic, colormatic…lots of neat things to do with that program but it does cost. I even tried my hand at Animoto. Each of them has their own appeal so I don’t really have a favorite. I used PhotoStory at school last year for a project our teachers did for our Three Words. Our district did one, so we thought we ought to have our own. It was fun. I also used it for end of the year productions for teachers. We have used it for the awards ceremony at the end of the year for students to see a year at a glance. I have made them for Book Fair and our RIF giveaways. I am hoping this year to do some podcasting with our morning announcements. We don’t really have a way to do live production over the TVs in the classrooms but we could record it and upload to United Streaming and have it shown that way. That is one of my new projects I want to do for the year and now I just have to get all the mechanics down.

No comments:

Post a Comment