Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing #5 Explore Flickr

Flickr... well, I had a Flickr account (looks like it was about 2006... since that was my last uploaded photos.) Mostly I used it to share pics with family and loved ones. Obviously Flickr has grown a great deal since then. I had fun looking at some of the awesome photography available. It was fun visiting the library groups and seeing what all they had to offier. It would have been nice if some of them had been a little more detailed on the group focus because looking at some of the pictures didn't give it away. I suppose if you had been there with a group as it was starting, it might have been a little more clear. I loved searching the creative commons for pictures. I loved seeing photos of some of the libraries and getting ideas about different ways to set up my library. I noticed one message that reminded librarians to tag their photos and I also noticed that some photos were extensively tagged while others were very basic... book... name of library...state. I can see that the more tags available makes it easier to find. I've decided to go back and tag my photos so that my family can do better searches... of course, I think I'll update some of the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment