Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing #9: Useful Library-Related Blogs and News Feeds

Google Blog Search was pretty good and I came up with mostly relevant items in the various searches that I did. I liked it and would use it again. Bloglines was right on topic and provided me with the most relevant information. I liked Edublog’s Award Winners and added a few of the winners to my Google Reader. I also really liked School Library Blogs on Superglu. I love how they pick up current information that is relevant to me as a school librarian and bring it front & center. Topix would be good for finding news and it was an easy tool to use. I didn’t find a lot here that helped me in searching for library ideas, but I could see that it might work more on finding some up to date news information. Technorati was another candy store. So many goodies, so little time.

I didn’t find any that were too confusing. Some took a little longer to figure out but I figured them out.

I found a blog called Awful Library Books which was fun. I even put it on my Google Reader. I added a few more to my reader as I came across them. One thing off topic was a video I found on Technorati about 25 Things I Hate about Facebook. It was very humorous but went right to the point about the problems of Facebook. It was done by Julian Smith. It seems like he might have several videos out there but I liked this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment