Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing 2- about life long learner habits

7 1/2 Habits
#1 I have no problem with goal setting first. If I don't know where I am going, there is no way I can get there... so this is definitely a habit for me. The problem is that even when I identify the goal, I sometimes don't follow through to get to it.
#2 I most definitely do accept responsibility for my own learning. I'm a bit A.D.D. and I have to redo things in my own way so that I can lock it down in my memory bank. If I don't, it's gone.
#3 Hmmm... View problems as challenges. Well, my normal first reaction is to view a problem as a problem. Grrrr... but I refuse to let something get the best of me so I forge ahead and generally can look back on things as learning experience.
#4 Confidence in myself... Well, if I don't who will? I suppose I could do just about anything I put my mind to... problem is sometimes I don't put my mind to it.
#5 Learning Toolbox. No problem there... I usually have access to a wide variety of resources and I put them to use as needed.
#6 Use technology to your advantage... Duh... see number 5.
#7 Teach/Mentor others. Being in the same district for over 15 years has given me the opportunity to mentor other librarians and teachers. I find that by helping someone else, I get my thought waves in much better sync for what I like about my library and what I would like to change.
Habit 7 1/2 Play. I tend to be one of those who works a lot more than play during the school year but I always take time to play during the summer. Recently my husband and I have been practicing with other family members to create a band. Our goal is to get me good enough that we can play in nursing homes and such. (Everyone else is already good enough.... I'm the new learner)

No comments:

Post a Comment