Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing #8 RSS Feeds and Readers

I set up a Google reader account. It was really easy and fun to do. I loved finding all these different bloggers and seeing the ideas they are willing to share. I feel a bit on information overload, because I want to finish all my 23 things but I want to check out all the cool stuff they’ve found access to. With my A.D.D., I tend to wander off and get sidetracked by lots of goodies that are out there. It seems every place I go has a gadget to lure me into playing with it. I have had fun but not as much forward motion as I would like. I love that I can keep up with people whose blog really interest me and I don’t have to go back there to check to see if they have something new. I can just go to one place and check it all. It’s really fun when someone puts something new up…. Like here is a piece of candy… You know because it’s just SWEET. I found a lot of information I can use in my library and that I can teach my team to use to help our students be more prepared for the 21st century. I want to learn how to make book trailers and then teach all my students how to do it. I want to find out a way to get our students logged on and participating. Would love to do a blogger spot for my 4th graders, I just have to get a little more tech savvy and I’ll be there. I think this is a great way to keep up with some professional reading and for having some fun. I did create a public page and linked my blogs I am following back to my web page but now I have them on their twice so I guess I’ll have to fix that.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I understand the A.D.D. because I am all over the place and then have to reel myself in and go forward! The RSS Feed is a great way to get organized...

    ReplyDelete