Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing #6 - Mashups & 3rd Party Sites

I felt like a kid in a candy store. I must have played with every Flickr toy there was and my Flickr account has the pictures to prove it. I loved the motivational poster. I kept thinking this would be a great tool for students to use when they come back to school and they are setting their goals for the year. They can make their own motivational poster to keep them on track. For the library, I thought it would be great to have students identify the type of reader they are and they could either use one of their own personal photos or one from the Creative Commons. It would be fun to see what they come up with. I could put them on the outside hallway walls of the library to share with everyone. I made a poster for one of my granddaughters. She's at that stage you know... I loved the Map Maker. Students could map where they went on their summer vacation... or you could even have them do it as a class to show where all they have been as a class. That would look cool. You could use it to highlight things like westward expansion, Trail of Tears, Major Civil War Battles... lots of things. The Trading card was lots of fun too. I made two of those. I think I will suggest we do a Vacation Trading Card to do among teachers when we get back... kind of catch us up on what everyone did all summer. I did a librarian trading card as well. That was fun. I made mosaics, warholizer (sp), the cubes...thought that would be a creative way to create story blocks. I also made wallpaper calendars, did a fun FX creation that I really liked.. I think I'll turn the art teacher on to this. I thought the badgemaker would be great for field trips. Too bad you couldn't get it to put in a real barcode and everyone could make their own library card. The CD cover was cool. We have a family band where most everyone plays something, so I made a cover for a CD I am making that has pics, videos, and music. Loved it! The trip planner was really cool. I searched for a place I wanted to do a weekend bike ride to and found that even for a short visit the place is a great one to visit. It took a lot of time but I truly enjoyed playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment